KZNDHC’s aims and objectives are to promote and support the South African Managed Care Co-operative (SAMCC) principles within the KZN province.
We strive towards the following objectives:
- To be the commercial arm of private practice in this region
- To create a regional network of providers
- To enhance the capabilities of providers to improve the standard of their care and to acquire management tools and skills to develop a transparent accountable health delivery system
- To create an information system regionally and to contribute to the national database
- To set guidelines, standards and benchmarks
- To negotiate on behalf of our provider base
- To market our organisation to all participants within the healthcare industry with special reference to the provincial authorities, medical aids and managed care organisations, unions and the pharmaceutical industry
- To create an effective communication structure within our company encouraging EDI and email capabilities
- To send out regular information to all members
- To grow and develop as a company with a professional infrastructure to lead the profession pro-actively, to fulfil our mission statement and to ensure the sustainability of the private healthcare industry
- To be a democratic organisation that is doctor-owned and doctor-driven
What KZNDHC Can Do For You
We provide professional medical services and advice pertaining to the private practice sectors. The structured organisation of fantastic workshops/CMEs/conferences is what we provide, and we always act on behalf of the family practitioners regarding medical aid queries.
The KwaZulu-Natal Doctors Healthcare Coalition (KZNDHC) was brought into being during 1995, by a group of doctors who shared a common vision. This vision was for KZNDHC to become the reference organisation in the private health care industry in the KwaZulu-Natal region, and would be accomplished by actively promoting the objectives as laid out in the Mission Statement.